Rudi Ansbacher Advancing Women in Academic Medicine Leadership Scholars Program Nomination Form
To nominate, click the green APPLY button, not the green Register button. Additional nomination information below.
This intensive 18-month leadership development program was initially designed to accelerate the development of women for senior positions in academic medicine and healthcare. It is open to all leaders, regardless of gender, who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting the advancement of women. Because the Medical School strongly believes that this commitment is a universal responsibility, and that leadership development is most effective in an inclusive and diverse environment, we encourage nominations of individuals of all genders. The program will provide leaders with insight into their leadership strengths and opportunities, allowing for greater self-awareness, growth, development, and success.
The program is designed in partnership with University of Michigan Medical School, Linkage, Inc., and the Stephen M. Ross School of Business.
The curriculum focuses on developing four fundamental and four differentiating competencies. Each of these competencies is refined through phases: preparing for leadership, transitioning into leadership, sustaining success in leadership, and transitioning again into new leadership positions.
- Understanding and navigating complex systems
- Building and leveraging networks
- Aligning and driving vision
- Driving change and innovation
- Political savvy
- Personal and professional growth
- Building communities of practice
For questions regarding nominations, please contact Whitney Williams in Faculty Development at email@example.com (link sends e-mail).
The program is open to all leaders, regardless of gender, who have demonstrated a commitment to supporting the advancement of women. The Medical School strongly encourages nominations of individuals of all genders.
Faculty Nominees: Applicants must hold the rank of associate or full professor in a medical, dental, or health sciences school or health related field, and have had a significant leadership role.
Applicants must be nominated by the dean of their institution, their departmental chair, or the chief executive officer of their academic health center. If the nomination comes from the CEO, please provide a secondary nomination from the school of primary academic appointment. We strongly suggest that each applicant discusses her application with her nominator before applying.
Administrative Nominees: Applicants must hold a significant leadership role (such as senior administrator, CEO, COO, CIO, CMO, etc.) in a medical, dental, nursing, or public health school, or academic hospital/health system, and have had administrative experience in personnel and budget management.
Special consideration will be given to those nominees designated as Emerging Leaders with demonstrated leadership capacity who are in a significant leadership role. Applicants must be nominated by the dean of their institution, their departmental chair, or the chief executive officer of their academic health center.
$10,000 per non-University of Michigan affiliates. Tuition is complimentary for University of Michigan affiliates.
- Nominations are due July 19, 2024
- The seventh cohort of the Ansbacher Program will run from October 2025 and end in April 2026. The kickoff session will be October 9 & 10, 2025. Final dates for the remainder of the program will be shared at the time of program application.
- Please note nominations must be made from a desktop or laptop (not a mobile device).
- The nomination questions are:
- Your (Nominator) information
- Nominee information
- Why are you nominating this candidate?
- What new knowledge or skills would you like to see this candidate learn during their fellowship year?
- How will you work with and mentor your candidate during and after the fellowship?
- What formal or informal leadership roles do you anticipate this candidate assuming in the next 3-5 years? How will you support the candidate in this endeavor?
- Is there any additional information you would like to share about this candidate?
- Please note that once you hit the Mark as Complete button you will have submitted your nomination form.
For more information about this program, please contact Whitney Williams in Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.